Accounts Assistant - Full or part time
Accounts Assistant - Full or part time , Ringwood
Location; Ringwood - 2 days PW in the office Monday and Friday
Salary: £ doe
Hours: Full-time - 8.30am - 5pm
Part-time: 20 hours per week min
Aspire Jobs are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with our client who are continuing to grow. They are now looking for someone to join their accounts team in this new Accounts Assistant role.
The role will see you assisting the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the accounts covering all areas of the business together with general support to the Operations Team.
They would look at a junior person to undertake the full-time role potentially even looking at a school-leaver as long as you had the willingness to learn and progress over time. You will be an excellent communicator who is IT literate.
With a great culture and values, they like to offer roles to people who want to progress within the organisation over time.
- To ensure the daily reconciliation of cash books across the Group, identifying and acting upon any discrepancies immediately
- To maintain accurate and timely daily processes in respect of Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- To maintain accurate and updated records / postings daily to Sage 50
- To be responsible for the reconciliation of accounts, ensuring the timely payment in line with agency agreements
- To identify, investigate and resolve any discrepancies in the statements, notifying any irregularities or trends to the Financial Controller or Team Managers
- To accurately process the timely payments of invoices and insurer accounts via cheques or BACS
- To assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Working with the Financial Controller in the preparation of monthly reports, yearend accounts and ad hoc finance based projects
- To be responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate payment and accounting details
- To be responsible for the calculation and payments of staff commissions
- To monitor and re-enforce the timely payment of all premiums and income due from clients, in line with company procedures, in order to minimise bad debt and write-offs
- Monitor bad debt activity across the business, raising awareness of trends to Team Managers and the Senior Management Team, to ensure solutions are implemented
- To maintain open lines of communication with all staff to ensure the resolution of account queries within the specified timeframe
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customers, sub brokers and suppliers
- Using Sage 200 review current processes and procedures with a view of developing and implementing more efficient working practises
- To assist the Financial Controller and Operations Team in ensuring that Accounting Policies and Procedures remain up to date
- To be responsible for general administrative duties associated with the Accounts Team and Operations Team to include but not limited to records, post, archive management
There are no categories
There are no tags
There are no attachments.