Retail Buyer- RECENTLY FILLED
Retail Buyer- RECENTLY FILLED, Bournemouth
Location: Nr Bournemouth
Salary: To £40k
PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TRANSPORT DUE TO THE LOCATION OF THIS ROLE!
You will have a proven track record (min 2 years experience) as a Retail Buyer with strong supplier management and negotiation skills, sound commercial acumen and experience of handling a large number of SKU's. Working in a team of 5 Buyers, you will be supported by an Assistant Buyer to work across this very strong and important category within this established and growing retail brand.
There is the potential to work from home 1 day per week, but the rest of the time will be in the office.
About the Role
As a Buyer you will have an endless supply of variety and plenty of scope to use your imagination and creativity. You’ll be sourcing and managing existing ranges, as well as researching and developing new ranges that are aligned with my client's overall corporate strategy and support the development of the brand. They'll also ensure you’re fully involved with setting retail prices and look to you to manage suppliers, always searching for fresh opportunities for promotions and incentives.
- To ensure delivery on agreed business KPI’s by offering customers the best ranges and value within the market.
- Deliver activities across your specific buying areas to ensure delivery of sales and margin growth and product development targets are met.
- You will manage the range change process from end to end and therefore will demonstrate an ability to work cross functionally with particular focus on Commercial finance, Marketing, Merchandising, Retail Ops and Supply Chain.
- Provide support to the Head of Buying on a day to day basis and be an ambassador for the buying team both to the wider business and externally when appropriate. Provide coaching and guidance on a daily basis to other team members as required.
A proven background as a Buyer in a retail setting will be essential. This will be matched with strong supplier management and negotiation skills, sound commercial acumen and experience of handling numerous SKU’s. You’ll also be flexible with regard to your working hours and be willing to occasionally travel to trade fairs around Europe.
You must have:
- Previous experience as a; Buyer, Senior Buyer or Category Buyer
- The ability to build relationships with suppliers, and effectively own a set of categories
- Excellent Negotiation experience, and the ability to achieve cost savings
- Car and own transport
There are no categories
There are no tags
There are no attachments.