Manufacturing Manager, Portsmouth
Location: Nr Portsmouth
Salary: to £45k
We are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with our growing manufacturing business who are now recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing/Production Manager to manage 2 sites near Portsmouth. The current Manager of one of the sites is retiring in January 2021, so a planned handover is essential to their plans and therefore the role is to start ASAP.
The role will see you taking full operational responsibility for both sites which are 9 miles apart. You will have full responsibility for around 16 staff at 1 site and 9 staff at the other site including temporary staff, so previous experience of managing teams across multiple sites is preferred.
The successful candidate will: –
- Have excellent leadership and man management experience
- Have an extensive knowledge and experience of lean/continuous improvement
- Come from a Manufacturing background
- NEBOSH or IOSH health& safety qualification.
- Minimum HND or degree level qualification in manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5-years, experience as a Manufacturing/Production Manager, preferably with GRP or similar experience.
- Working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Lean, 6 sigma or kaizen trained and able to demonstrate successes.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Microsoft Navision or similar ERP/MRP experience.
The business is going through a period of change and is implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives. Your role will be taking these initiatives forward and driving them through the business. This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-thinking leader to influence the shape of the 2 sites moving forwards.
You will also work closely with the Group Purchasing Manager to help centralise all purchasing and will have experience of dealing with suppliers.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, both written and verbal
- Strong inclusive team work ethic
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead/work under own initiative and embrace change
- Very flexible and willing to undertake tasks outside job scope when required
- Car Driver willing to travel frequently between the 2 sites and attend periodic Management meetings at the head office in Dorset.
Reporting to the Operations Director the Manufacturing Manger is responsible for ensuring that all operations and processes are not just maintained but are continually improved at both manufacturing sites, utilizing Lean continuous improvement techniques. Providing effective management and leadership of their teams in line with the company’s Safety, Quality, Cost & Delivery expectations and targets.
- The use of resources within your given area conforms to all health and safety legislation and procedures are adhered to
- Accident reporting, investigations and improvement plans
- Reviewing and implementation of risk assessments & Safe Systems of Work
- Manpower resource is used effectively ensuring there is total flexibility. Ensuring that the required work within the area of responsibility is carried out in the most efficient and controlled manner
- Ensure quality, delivery and cost requirements are achieved
- Develop oneself in line with the needs of the job role understanding the key elements
- Carrying out periodic development reviews for the staff within their team
- To effectively lead and manage the direct reports, ensuring development, welfare, behaviors and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly
- Inclusive and proactive member of the Operations Leadership Team
- Formulation of site budgets
- Ensure compliance with the company’s quality control procedures at all times
- Own, lead and facilitate continuous improvement strategies ensuring SMART objectives and KPI’s targets are achieved and improved upon
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards using 6S principles and auditing
- TPM- including periodic safety checks, servicing and planned maintenance.
There are no tags
There are no attachments.