Dorset LEP has researched and published Insights into the Dorset Labour Market and Skills for quarter 3 this year.
It’s a fascinating read (not least because I am featured in it!) and provides essential commentary on the local labour market.
It’s true the report focusses on Dorset, but the story is the similar for Hampshire and surrounding counties, so hugely relevant to all my clients and further network.
Key findings of the report:
- The end of the Furlough scheme
- Vacancies and opportunities in Dorset: record growth
- Demand grew on all pre-pandemic levels across all industries
- Top employers, jobs, and skills
- Employment holding up, unemployment rising, return to work accelerating
- Both younger and older workers are more likely to be unemployed
- Declines in employment are occupation and sector specific
- Self-employment cautiously back on growing trajectory
- Increase in pay seen nationally not yet reflected in Dorset
- Grow your green career in Dorset
The report highlights a number of interesting statistics, here are just two examples:
The full report is available to read via this clickable link. As always if you have any questions or would like some support and guidance in your recruitment strategy, please do get in contact with me [email protected]
Wishing you all the best.